Environmental Advocates NY seeks applicants for a Junior Associate of Development.
Founded in 1969, Environmental Advocates NY (EANY) is the primary environmental government watchdog in Albany and leading voice for conservation, the environment and public health in New York State. EANY is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with a staff of 15.
Environmental Advocates NY seeks a Junior Associate of Development. The Junior Associate of Development is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Individual Giving. This position oversees our donor database and is a critical part of the EANY development team.
The Junior Associate of Development is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the development team including; gift processing, data base management, assisting with events, and writing materials for members and donors.
We strongly encourage candidates from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) is a core value for Environmental Advocates NY. We invite applicants to read our statement on racial justice here to learn more about our JEDI commitments.
- Manage EANYs donor database (DonorPerfect) including data management, generation of reports and work with Director of Finance to reconcile numbers
- Manage gift processing and donor acknowledgement systems
- Opening, sorting and distributing mail
- Update Director of Individual Giving, Director of Finance, Executive Director, and board committee as needed
- Updating and tracking foundation annual calendar
- Other Administrative tasks as needed
- Plan, draft invitations, maintain invitation lists, and track attendees for events in person and on-line
- Attend events and assist as needed, both in person and virtual
- Use MailChimp and other tools for invitations
- Support the Director of Individual Giving to ensure the success of the annual Advocate Awards in November
- Coordinate with event contractors, vendors and others
- Assist with board meetings as needed
- Manage EANY’s online and direct mail fundraising programs, draft online and printed content
- Manage print and mail house vendors
- Drafting appeals (both e-appeals and printed), thank you letters, and correspondence with donors and board members as needed
- Assist in the production of marketing materials, brochures, swag as needed
- Draft and mail board solicitation letters
- Two to five years in development, communications or community organizing for nonprofit organizations or comparable experience
- High energy individual who is passionate about environmental protection and motivated to involve other in the cause
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work as a team
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills and ability to serve as a public representative of the organization
- Experience planning and executing events
- Familiarity and proficiency with fundraising database software or relational databases, and fundraising reporting (Donor Perfect/Donor Perfect Online a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications preferred but not required
Traveling, working nights and/or weekends may be required. Driver’s license required.
Environmental Advocates NY is based in Albany, New York with a few staff based out of New York City. This is an Albany-based position, and the successful applicant would be expected to primarily work out of the Albany office with an option for remote days.
Salary & Benefits
Salary range is $40,000 to $43,000 and is commensurate with experience. We also offer excellent health, dental and vision benefits including a retirement savings with an employer contribution.
How to Apply
Please email your resume or CV, cover letter, list of references and a writing sample to: [email protected] Only email submissions will be accepted. Please include Jr. Development Associate in the subject line. No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state or local law is not and will not be considered in any decision regarding recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, termination, classification, compensation, benefits or other employment action. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds to apply.